Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Step by Step.

 "There is no one giant step that does it, it's a lot of little steps". Peter A. Cohen

I have never done a work in progress like you see on blogs a lot. Step by painful step.
But might as well do one for the record.

This is a Trompe L'oeil called Le Pate after Jean Baptiste Oudry. I had done this one years and years ago but this was a request so did it again. Have to admit I have not painted in a few years so, something different. Keeps the old brain from getting tics, hopefully...






This one below was done long ago and I found it  on Google. Not the best lighting. For sure, it was not that yellow. I would love to see them side by side. See how close I came each time...

Let me know what you think. 
AND I would love for you to sign up for my NEWSLETTER - don't worry, I won't bombard your inbox. I am about as good at newsletters as I am at blogging. But...I have surprises up my sleeve so I would not want you to miss anything.

Mini Love,






7 comments:

  1. Patricia, it is FANTABULOUS ! Well done !
    Cheers,
    Elly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elly! I do enjoy painting and just don't do it enough.

      Delete
  2. Hello Patricia,
    I am in awe of your talent. Terrific work!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just for fun I ran that color distorted image through Adobe Photoshop auto color correction feature and it came out looking like the original must have done. It completely removed all the yellow cast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Karin. I don't have Photoshop. Its on my bucket list of things to learn.

    ReplyDelete